We support using screen recording when using the Vonage CC Screen Recording desktop application in Windows or macOS.
The Screen Recording for Vonage CC extension in Google Chrome™ is now deprecated and will be retired in April 2022.
Screen recording must be enabled for individual agents. If you are not sure screen recording is enabled for you, contact your supervisor. For information about enabling screen recording for individual users, see How do I enable an agent user to record their screen? in Configuring individual users.
In this page
To use Screen Recording with the desktop application, you must install and configure the Vonage CC Screen Recording app. Make sure you install the correct app for your operating system. When you have installed the app and logged in correctly, the application automatically records all screens during a call.
In Region, select the name of the region you are in.
Excerpt Include _ExcerptVCCRegions _ExcerptVCCRegions nopanel true
- Click Log in.
- If you are already logged in to your VCC account in this region, a Close your browser to continue message appears. Go to step 4.
- If you are not currently logged in to your VCC account in this region, the login screen for VCC appears. The screen appears in a new tab of an existing browser window, or in a new window in your default browser. The Screen Recording app window is hidden.
- Log in to VCC as normal with your credentials for the region you chose. A Close your browser to continue message appears in the tab or window, indicating that you have logged in successfully.When you install for the first time, you need to give the application permission to access four areas. If the following screen appears, click Yes, Allow.
- Close the tab or window.
Installation is complete. The Vonage CC Screen Recording app will work in the background and your screens will be recorded during your calls. You do not need to log in again after restarting the computer.
Recording your screen using the Screen Recording for Vonage CC extension
The Screen Recording for Vonage CC extension in Google Chrome™ is now deprecated and will be retired in April 2022. These instructions apply only if you are still using the extension. We recommend that you remove the extension from your browser, and install the Vonage CC Screen Recording desktop application instead.
To use Screen Recording with the Screen Recording for Vonage CC extension, you must add the extension to your Chrome browser. The extension can automatically record up to two screens for each agent during a call.
To add the extension to your browser, go to the Chrome Web Store.
Click to add the extension to Chrome. If prompted, click to confirm that you want to add the extension.
Sharing your screen with the extension
To use the Screen Recording extension, you must firstly log in to ContactPad. Before you log in to ContactPad, or if you close the ContactPad window, the extension is unavailable to record.
To enable the extension to record your screen during a call, you must share up to two screens. To share one or more screens, perform the following steps:
1. Click the extension’s icon in Chrome’s address bar. The extension appears. If you are not logged in to ContactPad, the extension requests that you log in.
One or two screens?
2. Click Share Screen.
|If the Share Screen button is shaded, you are either already sharing or the extension is already prompting you to choose which screen or screens to share. Check your open Chrome windows for either Share your entire screen dialog boxes or Screen recording for Vonage CC is sharing your screen notifications.|
A Share your entire screen dialog box appears.
|Share your entire screen may appear on a different screen to the screen that ContactPad appears in.|
3. In Share your entire screen, click the first screen you want to share and click Share Screen.
A Screen recording for Vonage CC is sharing your screen notification appears.
Optionally, click Hide to hide the notification.
4. If you selected to share two screens, the dialog box remains visible. Repeat step 3, clicking the second screen you want to share. A second notification appears.
Now, whenever you make or receive a call, the extension will record your screen or screens. A red dot will appear on the extension’s icon while the extension is recording.
At the end of a call, recording finishes when your status changes to Ready. The recording is uploaded and appears in Interaction Content after a few minutes. For information about accessing and viewing screen recordings, see Interaction Content.
Stop sharing your screen
If you no longer want the extension to record your screen during calls or if you want to change which screen or screens to share, you must stop sharing; while sharing, the Share Screen button and the one screen or two screen list are shaded.
To stop sharing, click Stop sharing in the Screen recording for Vonage CC is sharing your screen notification.